Image title

type your text for image here

Image title

Image title

type your text for image here

Image title
Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Fill level and introducing myself ...

Fill level and introducing myself ... 4 Monate 2 Wochen her #404

May I introduce myself: I am Nico, a new member of EMPOA.
I own a part of a M20K/1980 which is based in Mainz/EDFZ.
As I am pretty new to Mooneys, I am reading a lot.
One disappointing Thing is, that the POH for my aircraft does not give me detailled instructions how to fill my tanks.
In fact, placards say it's 72gal usable and it should not be that difficult to fill fuel into the wings with the wing-side fuel-gauges.
Filling to 25gal each side is easy, but last week i tried to fill some more and that gave me some questions.
1. The wing-side fuel gauges have marks for 10, 20, 25,30 ... and "6" and not 35! Does that mean 6gals or 36gals?
2. Filling a Little more than 30 gals raised the fuel Level to the vent-ülate inside the filler-neck. The fuel-station valve closed automatiscally, I guess due to the back-pressure
3. How Do I fill my tanks to the max? Does the fuel Level raise above the vent-plate?
4. On Mooneyspace I read something about "air-trapping" which can prevent you from completely filling the tanks. Is that true? how does that work and how can i avoid it? Sounds funny that the tank vent-line possibly cannot avoid this.
Thank you for any information
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Fill level and introducing myself ... 4 Monate 2 Tage her #410

• David Kromka
  • David Kromkas Avatar
  • Senior Boarder
  • La magie s'arrête jamais
  • Dank erhalten: 6
Hello,
filling the tanks can be a Little tricky, especially if you have protection plates installed in the tanks. In order to put in the maximum amount of fuel you Need some patience and (as in the case of our N252CG based at EDFZ as well) a friendly helper with a screwdriver or the like to push the protection plate down while fuelling. Fuel nozzles tend to shut off early so in order to really top off to the top you either have to hold the nozzle clear of the the top of the fluid or fill the last gallons with a canister or the like.
The markings on those wing-mounted fuel gauges can get inaccurate so it might make some sense to perform a re-adjustment with fuel that you put in (5 or 10 USG steps seem to be useful) with a metered canister. That's what we have done with our tanks - doesn't look too Fancy but it is a really nice reference.
Feel free to contact me if you want additional Information - and Keep enjoying your Mooney! Welcome to the club!
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.136 Sekunden